Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Second Application of imPRESS Nails


 
This time, I used the Joy Ride nails (pictured above).  Unfortunately, my camera wasn't working.  :(


I only kept these on for about 1 day.  I do a LOT of typing every day and I found that the nails moved while I was typing (pushed back into my cuticle).  Not a lot.  Just enough for me to feel it.  For some wearers, that may not be an issue.

My review is the same as below.  I will definitely wear these for nights out or other special occasions.  I just think they won't work as well for me as the glue-on kind for day-to-day activities.  I'm definitely a creature of habit and the glue makes me feel more secure. 

Original review from 12/16/11:  I noticed right away that the sizes do run smaller than the other nails in the Broadway line that I use (10 Minute French).  The size numbers on the under side of the nail are a bit hard to read due to the tabs on the nails.  Aside from the difference in sizing, they are very easy to apply.  I encourage you to watch the video on applying: imPRESS tutorial.

I found myself applying pressure to them frequently even after the first few hours I had them on.  A couple of the nails felt "wiggly" and I didn't want one popping off when I was out.  And I waited over 24 hours after applying before I showered.  Unfortunately, 2 of the nails didn't survive.  I decided to remove them all and the ones that stayed on were really on.  

Right now, the imPRESS are only in the short length.  I tend to wear the medium, but these were a nice switch.  I really liked the design (Space Cadet) and the hint of sparkle.  

This is the first set I tried and I will be applying them again to see if I get the same or different results.


For the first attempt, I would say that these would definitely be great for a night out or for vacation.  Not sure how they would stand up in a work environment where you use your hands a lot (typing, cleaning, etc.).  So I will try another set in a different design...there are, after all 36 different ones to wear!!  Go here to try them on: Try imPRESS


If any of you have tried these, let me know your thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment